Gift Ideas for Weddings & Anniversaries
Our Top Five Wedding Gifts
- Number one for 3 years running has been the Nativity Set from Jim Shore’s Heartwood Creek collection. Also, if you give us some notice, we will giftwrap it in a stack to make it the best looking gift there!
- Gift Certificates are our #2 wedding gift, although we think they are good for any occasion.
- Ornament Sets. There are ornament sets made for the bride and groom ($59.99 and $99.99) but some folks like to make up their own. The ornaments from Old World Christmas each come with an attached card that tells you a bit of the history or folklore about the piece. Do you know the story behind the pickle? How about the carrot? The spider web?
- In 2005, Ne’Qwa Art took this space and it continutes to hold that spot. These are SPECTACULAR! No sales pitch here but let me just say “Wow!”
- Number 5–9 were all too close to pick just one but folks have chosen Angel Treetops, wall plaques, Willow Tree Angel pieces (different ones but especially the nativity, and either the “Promise” or “Together” pieces), and the Fontanini Wedding Nativity Set.
Our Top Five Anniversary Gifts
- Ornaments are our number one gift and for those special anniversaries (25th, 50th) we have special ornaments just for those.
- Frames-some folks have said that they plan to put a picture in the frame prior to giving it. We also have some multi-photo collage frames that are nicely priced.
- China, specifically glass bowls that they then fill with something related to that anniversary (see the list below for ideas)
- Brandywine Buildings -especially popular when the couple has some relationship with the building (they got married in the church, worked at City Hall, or took the trolley tour together, for example)
- Wallhangings, especially the pictures from Old World Christmas but the Mark Twain prints and the 50th Anniversary Frame do well too.
Traditional and Modern Anniversary Gifts